Valentine’s Day brings out a whole host of emotions for people and usually on both ends of the spectrum. There’s also a lot of pressure that goes into the perfect gift to give your friend, loved one and especially your honey the most thoughtful gift or picking the right restaurant for that oh-so-perfect dinner reservation. I say – we get rid of that anxiety and stress now because there’s nothing worse than feeling worrisome when you should be feeling elation! Also, I have some ideas in mind (I’m talking to you fellow procrastinator). 😉
There’s quite a lot of stuff happening this weekend in GR that would be great for a date with your sweetie, fun with friends or family and just a good ole time regardless of it being Vday weekend. Here’s a list of recommendations if you’re looking for something to do:
- Valent-ICE – Downtown GR, Inc. puts on this free annual festival that celebrates winter and the love for downtown. You can expect live ice art, ice skating and whole family fun. The festival starts today at 11am and spans throughout the weekend and throughout downtown.
- Art + Chocolate: Seeing Red Tours – The Grand Rapids Art Museum is hosting tours throughout the day tomorrow to show spectators how artists showcase the color red to evoke different emotions and reactions to their work. Tours are only $10 for nonmembers and $8 for members and you receive a delicious chocolate bar at the end!
- Waldron Public House Grand Opening – Formerly McFadden’s, this establishment on Ionia has gotten a revamp from Barfly Ventures and they are kicking it off with a ribbon cutting by our First Lady mayor, Rosalynn Bliss. If you can brave the cold, event starts at 11am – probably want to get there early – because the first 50 guests receive free VIP tickets to Irish on Ionia next month (and free fries – YASS!)
If you are still looking for that romantic meal, here are some ideas and different options:
- Reserve Wine & Food – Named one of the most romantic restaurants in West Michigan. They are so good at pairing food to wine and crafting multiple course dinners for special occasions! If you’re willing to spend the money, this is the perfect spot!
- The Downtown Market – Perfect for creating your own Vday menu by picking up the perfect ingredients or munching on so many of the options available in the hall. Also, their outdoor ice bar lounge would be a chillingly romantic place to grab a drink!
- Noodle Monkey – Need an inexpensive option for a hot meal to warm yourself up on Vday? They are open for brunch Sunday and if you are a fan of brothy noodles – check this place out!
Need some sweet treats or pressure-free gifts? Why not shop local:
- Lunch Date w/ JB and Me – Local boutique offering discounts and advice on picking something out for that special lady in your life from 11am – 2pm today. Shop either the GR or Holland location.
- Le Bon Macaron – Does anything say I love you more than delicious, light and fluffy macarons!? Stop by the East Hills location and grab a pretty assortment for your lover.
- GB Russo & Son – The Italian market to go to in GR! This family owned business has been serving residents an amazing selection of wine, food and treats for 110 years! You are bound to find something here.
Still needing ideas? Check out Experience GR’s curated list of the most romantic places in the city! Or if you have plans – comment and share with me!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend! #GrabGR for all your Vday adventures around town!