Fall is most definitely in the air and with that (refreshing) chill comes a boat load of craft beer festivals in Grand Rapids and Michigan. Just last week, Michigan Brewers Guild celebrated the U.P. Fall Beer Festival in Marquette and this weekend, we have some heavy hitters happening around GR and the beer state. There’s a whole lot of craft beer lovin’ to enjoy this Fall!
Read below for the unique beer festivals and brewery anniversary parties happening around town this weekend that are on my radar:
- Brewery Vivant’s 6th annual Wood Aged Beer Festival on Saturday, 9/17 – Hands down, my favorite beer festival to go to in GR and one I look forward to each year. Maybe it’s because I have an affinity for french culture and belgian beer and it’s no secret the good ole BV and I vibe pretty well together! This year is a little extra special since the brewery launched their Plein de Vie series: a wild fermentation style series which holds true traditional wild belgian beers. Check out the released beer list of some local faves and new additions on the Facebook event and don’t forget to purchase your tickets as you cannot buy them at the event.
- Tickets are $35 ($25 for monk club members with unique code) and include 10 tasting tokens that are placed inside your souvenir glass. Tickets are good for one of the two sessions (12pm- 3pm or 5pm-8pm but not both). Don’t forget to snap some pics and #WABF16.
- Perrin Brewing Company’s Nuclear Noize Anniversary Party on, Satuday 9/17 – Perrin is celebrating their 4th anniversary (crazy, right?) and they want patrons to make some noise with live music throughout the celebration and of course with some Perrin staple brews and one-off beers; including the limited draft release of “Nuclear No Rules.” Vietnamese Imperial Porter.
Local food trucks will also be available, some outdoor games and other surprises!
- Tickets are $7 in advance and you can purchase them here, or $10 at the door. Lawn chairs and blankets welcome. Party kicks off at 4pm.
- Arcadia Ales 20th Anniversary Party in Kalamazoo on Saturday, 9/17 – Arcadia is holding an extravaganza at their Kalamazoo location to commemorate two decades in the Michigan brewing industry. There will be a plethora of beer specials just for the anniversary, food specials (including the Bratmobile) and five live bands for your hearing pleasure!
- Tickets are $10 at the door and the fun starts at 5pm.
- 5th Annual Hops & Props on the River in Manistee on Saturday, 9/17 – Located in the heart of Manistee, this annual craft beer and classic boat show features over 100 beers from 35 Michigan Breweries, classic and new boats and you can enjoy all of the above while listening to local music.
- Tickets are $20 ahead and $25 at the door and the event runs from 2pm – 7pm. You can purchase tickets here.
Some other beer events worth noting this weekend:
- The Cottage Bar/Founders Chili Cook-off in GR on Saturday, 9/17 – Chili cook-off goes from noon – 6pm and you can enjoy some Founders brews and live music while you sample some of the best local chili!
- High C Harvest Ale Draft Release at Dark Horse Brewing Company in Marshall, MI on Saturday, 9/17 -Dark Horse is celebrating this hop-tastic beer release which using hops from High Five Hop Farm also in Marshall. Celebrate all day in the taproom!
I hope you plan on joining me for the WABF or the Perrin event in GR tomorrow! Enjoy this craft beer filled weekend and don’t forget to #GrabGR for all of your local adventures.