Earth Day weekend has a quite a bit in store for Grand Rapids and why not celebrate our Eco-conscious city with a whole host of things – like beer, vintage garden decor and getting back to some roots – literally.
Here is a list of Earth Day celebrations, libations and fun things to do this weekend:
- Earth Day at HopCat the famous beer bar downtown is teaming up with Urban Roots in GR to add carbon-sequestering green space to the urban environment. Urban Roots will be at the pub until 5pm today talking about their mission, volunteer opportunities and HopCat will have special beers on tap and be donating a portion of select pint sales going directly to Urban Roots.
- Eastown Community Association is holding Dig into Spring in honor of Earth Day on Saturday at Wilcox Park from 1pm-5pm. This is an all ages event and does require registration as the event will have five different planting or green activities with mutliple community organizations and businesses that all have different costs.
- Fulton Street Farmers Market is open from 10am – 1pm Saturday. The market will have full spring hours in May but the weather will be sunny and in the low 60’s – perfect for some local and organic produce shopping!
- Bluedoor Antiques & Elements annual Vintage Garden Show is happening today through Sunday! Celebrate all things spring and enjoy some shopping for lush plants, planters, vintage garden decor and bonus – door prizes and refreshments.
- Bikes for Beers hosted by Brewery Vivant and benefiting their local bicycle cooperative, The Spoke Folks is this Sunday from 12pm-4pm at the pub. Donate your old bike or gear and receive a beer on the house! What a great way to recycle and have Spoke Folks work their rehab magic on the equipment and sell it to support their nonprofit!
What do you plan on doing to celebrate Earth Day? Hopefully you’ll pick a few things off this list! As always, don’t forget to #GrabGR and @grabgr on intagram for all of you local adventures.