Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest shopping weekend of the year. With two big shopping days already out of the way, it can still be a bit overwhelming. However, it’s Small Business Saturday and there is no better day to take your time with shopping, discover new places and enjoy your local city scenery.
Not only does Grand Rapids have amazing breweries, bars and restaurants but we also have a wide variety of boutiques, shops and small businesses that are worth visiting today. And just like the big retailers, there will be plenty of deals and discounts. All you have to do is get out there and shop!
Here are a few ways you can celebrate local this Small Business Saturday:
- ShopSmallGR – Enjoy a full day of shopping at the Monroe Mall businesses downtown during this collaboration between Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW), Avenue for the Arts, The Pop Up Shop GR and Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc. Help to make downtown a holiday shopping destination. Use this Downtown shopping guide map from Experience GR to guide you. You can also use this map to find free parking during your trip.
- Small Business Saturday at the Market – Experience all of the different vendors in the market hall, pick up some locally made gifts for perfectly unique Christmas presents and perhaps enjoy a bit to eat while you shop. Today only, you can enter for a chance to win a Downtown Market Prize Pack filled with gift cards and you can purchase discounted culinary class registrations. The Market Hall is open until 7pm today.
- Create your own Small Biz GR tour – Any area of town you have been wanting to visit but haven’t had the time lately or a places you haven’t visited but have always wanted to?
- Uptown has four different neighborhoods with a variety of shops, restaurants and breweries you can venture to with ease of parking and in most cases you can walk from neighborhood to neighborhood. Check out businesses like Eastown Antiques and Global Infusions in East Hills for some unique shopping.
- The West Grand neighborhood has also becoming increasingly popular for new businesses over the past few years. Check out shops like The Conscious Collective and DeVries Jewelers today for some local shopping today.
How are you celebrating Small Business Saturday in GR and supporting local today?
#Shopsmall #GrabGRlovesSmallBusinessSaturday #GrabGR