I absolutely love this time of year and have been enjoying the Autumn weather and fall colors! It seems like I can’t even remember what the summer heat felt like (okay, maybe that’s not entirely true) but I am going to cherish every moment of crisp air until the first snowfall.
We are in the T-Minus a week zone from Halloween and it feels like GR has been getting a bit witchier with every day! #witchyGR
There have been quite a few events celebrating this harvest season and with All Hollow’s Eve approaching, it feels like the whole city is embracing this reflective season. From the Zombie Beer Fest a couple of weeks ago to, the Meanwhile Film Series showing of The Shining, to all of the thousands of pumpkins being carved and displayed on the porches throughout the city – there truly is something for everyone! So, whether you are dressing up, attending a party or passing out candy, I wanted to share with you a few other fun and perhaps lesser known happenings through the rest of the week:
- Free Community Halloween Glow Yoga at Allegro Coaching in Eastown – tonight @ 7:30pm
- Costumes are optional but they are having a costume contest so maybe bring your A-game along with your yoga pants. 😉
- Founders Annual Halloween Party – party starts at 9pm on Halloween night
- Music highlights by local favorite The Crane Wives and bountiful amounts of amazing beer (bet the costumes will be pretty amazing as well!
- Grand Rapids Public Library’s Day of the Dead celebrations start this Friday, 10/30 through Sunday, 11/1 for the public
- Bring the whole family in to check out the altars on display that will be honoring passed loved ones in this Mexican tradition.
- Donkey Taqueria’s Dios de los Muertos Celebration starts Sunday 11/1 @ 3pm
- This is the first Day of the Dead celebration for Donkey and they are going to be offering traditional face painting, food and dancing! (I mean, if anything – do we really need an excuse to drink a marg on a Sunday?)
How are you planning on getting your spooky on this season? Don’t forget to display your carved pumpkins and #grabgr in your pics! Check out the Instagram to keep me up-to-date on all of your Halloween happenings in GR!