Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to treat your mom, mother figure or any mom you care about than some thoughtful, local gifts? I’ve curated an awesome lineup of unique gifting ideas that are sure to put a smile on mom’s face and keep your wallet intact! Read below for my top 5 gifting ideas:
GrabGR Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- #1 on my list is this adorable gift box that encompasses what Mother’s Day is all about – pampering product for moms to feel like they spent a day at the spa, all products are from local businesses that are owned by mothers (how perfect!) and $5 from all boxes sold are going towards the Women’s Resource Center in GR. What better way to support female empowerment, local businesses and make mom feel gorgeous?
- Boxes start at $42 and you can pick it up from multiple locations or you can ship it directly to mom.
- Bonus – use exclusive code: MOTHER15 to save 15% on your order! Make sure to place your order by May 2nd to receive in time for Mother’s Day!
🌸Pastel Gourmet Candy from Social Sweets
- What better way to say I love you than something sweet and who better than my fave candy store – Social Sweets? With her all new pastel collection, make sure to pick up one of these perfect little treats to show your Mom just how much you care. SS gift boxes come in two gifting sizes of 2.5 oz for $5.00 and 10 oz for $10.00 (amazing deal for the quality)!
- Through 5/3 – SS is offering my readers FREE shipping, with promo code: GRABGR – enter the code at checkout to send one of these sweet gifts to your Mom. (Also – SS got an amazing facelift – check out the new website and like her on Facebook!)
🌸Watercolor Prints & Acrylic Canvas Art from Starfoot Designs
- Kalamazoo local illustrator and artist (and ArtPrize 2011 contestant at HopCat), Kate Selvidge has some of the cutest and most unique watercolors and acrylics for sale through her shop – Starfoot Designs. She draws her inspiration from nature, animals and life that inspires her and I think her work is pretty great! I have a few pieces up in my house and have given her works of art as gifts with much satisfaction! She also offers commissioned work where she can take your idea or recreate a picture for you. Contact her via her her shop for more info.
- Take 25% off anything in her online store now through 5/8 with code: LOVEMOM2016 (includes commissioned work).
🌸Colorful bouquets and potted plants from New Design Floral
- New Design Floral – located on Cherry St. next to Cherie Inn in East Hills – always has a colorful and unique assortment of flowers, potted plants including succulents and small shrub trees, planters/pots and even an assortment of air plants! If you’ve ever waited for a table for brunch at Cherie Inn, then most likely you’ve walked through the shop and eyed these goodies yourself. Flowers and plants are such a great way to show your mom you picked out a thoughtful gift and this store will not disappoint with options.
- The shop offers delivery in the greater GR area and they’re open Mon – Sun but the hours vary. Check their Facebook for more info!
🌸Gift Card to the Downtown Market
- Still not sure what to get mom? Why not use my fail safe tip and get her a Market Hall giftcard that she can use at any of the vendors at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market? There are so many options here from local restaurants (in every flavor), gifts from candles to specialty teas to wine and more! Let mom discover her new favorites this year at the market – she will for sure appreciate it.
- You can purchase gift cards here or you can purchase them in the market administration- 2nd floor of the market hall.
That wraps up the GrabGR Mother’s Day Gift Guide! Hope you all enjoyed it and as always – thank you for reading! ❤️